Most common potential hazards and solutions:
- Consider reducing garden maintenance needs (plants that don’t need much water or pruning, low maintenance landscaping, irrigation systems)
- Consider how one entry could be modified for easy access if a wheelchair or wheeled walking frame was required in future (e.g., ramp)
- Consider bathroom alterations to ensure smooth transition between cubicle and floor
- Consider application of non-slip treatment
- If renovating, choose tiles which are not slippery when wet
- Have the swing of the door changed so that it swings outwards.
- When purchasing new chairs, purchase chairs that are firm, supportive and not too low (height depends on height of individual). Armrests can be helpful.
Source: Read Full Article